favorite this postCommunity Manager / Project Managerhide this posting
compensation: $40,000 + per year employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
General Purpose of the Position:
The Community Manager (CM) is responsible for the overall performance of their assigned property. Duties include managing and directing the on-site staff, leading leasing and marketing activities, market analysis, resident relations and preparation/management of property budgets. CM reports to either the Area Manager or the Regional Manager.
Please e-mail Resume and References.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accountable for all aspects of the day to day operation of assigned property.
• Ensure that all physical aspects of the property are at all times fully functional and maintained in an attractive condition.
• Frequent interaction with residents, proactively responding to their needs; focus on relationship development and achieving a high level of resident retention.
• Achieve the highest possible net operating income through implementation of effective cost control.
• Manage the property in the most efficient and profitable manner possible given existing market conditions consistent with corporate goals and objectives.
• Develop yearly operating and capital budget plans while being cognizant of how it potentially impacts NOI.
• Coordinate and supervise resident improvement and other capital projects.
• Monitor and enforce resident lease obligations.
• Understand and maintain strict adherence to State and Federal Fair Housing Laws.
• Communicate effectively with site staff members and ensure compliance of all personnel policies and procedures.
• Provide direction and oversight to property maintenance staff. Ensure that units/space conditions are in market ready condition.
• Promote and teach safe work practices and ensure all safety of site and the occupants.
• Perform regular inspections of managed property in accordance with pre-established schedules; recommend and coordinate necessary maintenance projects.
• Bid, negotiate and manage vendor service contracts and one-time projects.
• Effectively maintain knowledge of the property and competitive properties through consistent evaluation of market condition and trends.
• Train and mentor office staff in an effort to implement sales and marketing materials, which effectively maximizes rental income and results in high occupancy.
• Provide reports as required.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Education and Work Experience Requirements
• High School diploma or equivalent; some college strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years as a Community Manager or Assistant Community Manager required or equivalent management experience.
• Must have valid driver's license.
• HCCP Certification preferred.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
• Must have strong financial management skills and be well versed in budgeting, forecasting and cost control.
• Ability to work effectively and lead the community staff in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
• Solid multi-tasking skills along with the ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with co-workers, residents, vendors and corporate staff.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
• Experience with OneSite, Yardi and/or eSite preferred, but not required.
• Willingness and ability to work weekends and holidays when the business requires.
• Must be able to travel for training and occasional business meetings.
Frequency Key: Never - 0 hours; Rare - up to 1 hour; Occasional - 1-3 hours; Frequent - 3-6 Hours; Constant - 6-8 hours
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers