compensation: based upon experience and qualifications employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Disability Resource Network, Inc. is seeking a classroom assistant for our Alternative Education program for students between the ages of 14 to 21. These students have been diagnosed with mental or emotional disabilities, are from the inner city, and usually have been involved in the juvenile justice system. Many of our students have authority and oppositional disorders. The classroom assistant would need to adapt to change easily and be ready to deal with emotional and physical outbursts. The classroom assistant would be responsible for assisting the teacher.
- Supervising students who have a history of discipline problems and are diagnosed with a disability
- Lesson planning and implementation
- Implement IEP goals and objectives
- Accompany students into the community and will be expected to drive as well
- Implement behavioral strategies/de-escalation strategies either specific to the student or from PMT techniques
- Inspect classroom daily and perform assigned cleaning task
- Promote security for health, safety and welfare of students and staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- Clean motor vehicle record with valid driver's license
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English. Bi-Lingual in Spanish would be a plus!
- Must be ready to work with students who have discipline problems, are involved in the juvenile justice system, and will challenge staff every step of the way
- Physical Requirements: must be physically fit enough to accompany students throughout their day as
well as implementing physical restraint techniques as necessary.
-Education/Experience: Must be proficient in Language Arts skills, Mathematical skills, and able to assist students with lessons in any high school subject.
Please send an up to date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers