favorite this postSupport Group for Addictive Behaviors (New Haven)hide this posting
QR Code Link to This Post
SMART Recovery - Self Management for Addiction Recovery
"Discover the Power of Choice!"
SMART Recovery is a modern, science-based addiction recovery support group where participants learn self-empowering techniques to aid their recovery. No matter what your addiction, SMART Recovery tools and techniques can help you overcome the behavior. SMART Recovery uses tools based on scientifically proven methods for addiction recovery such as Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) techniques.
Our 4-point program offers tools and techniques for:
1 ~ Building and Maintaining Motivation
2 ~ Coping with Urges
3 ~ Managing Thoughts, Feelings, and Behaviors
4 ~ Living a Balanced Life
SMART Recovery advocates choice, so that those seeking recovery can choose what works best for them from a variety of options. The SMART Recovery goal is for you to achieve a healthy, positive and balanced lifestyle and to "graduate" when you feel your addictive behavior is behind you, not to remain a life-long participant in the program..
The SMART Recovery 4-Point Program® helps people recover from all types of addiction and addictive behaviors, including: drug abuse, drug addiction, substance abuse, alcohol abuse, gambling addiction, cocaine addiction, prescription drug abuse, sexual addiction, and problem addiction to other substances and activities. SMART Recovery sponsors face-to-face meetings around the world, and daily online meetings.
- Monday 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at The West Haven American Legion 337 Main Street, West Haven, CT
- Tuesday 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the West Haven VA, 950 Campbell Avenue, West Haven, CT
- Wednesday 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at The Grove, 760 Chapel Street, New Haven, CT
- Thursday 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at Whitneyville Cultural Commons, 1253 Whitney Avenue, Hamden, CT
- Friday 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. at Southbury UCC, 283 Main Street North, Southbury, CT
- Saturday 10:15 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. at The Wilson Branch Library 303 Washington Avenue, New Haven, CT
Visit https://smartrecoveryct.org for more information about local Connecticut meetings. Or visit https://smartrecovery.org for more information about SMART itself, to register for online meetings or chat, or to find out more about starting your own SMART Recovery meeting.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers