The Service Technician position provides the basic mechanical maintenance, janitorial, and grounds care for the site as directed by the superintendent.
1. Performs necessary work orders, assigned by Facilities Director or Community Manager and documents necessary information on work order forms.
2. Prepares vacated apartments for re-rental, in a designated time frame.
3. Depending on the site, work may include cleaning of common areas of building(s) according to site maintenance schedule and standards; keeps outside grounds free or debris; rubbish and trash removal.
4. Performs necessary seasonal grounds maintenance including, but not limited to, snow/ice removal, pruning of trees/shrubbery, mowing the lawn, planting, etc.
5. Rotates emergency coverage with Service personnel when required. (TBD upon hire)
6. Maintains the workshop, utility room(s) and mechanical rooms to ensure the rooms are kept clean, orderly, and safe from potential hazard. May be required to maintain building logs.
7. Makes necessary repairs to apartment appliances or makes recommendations for repair or replacement to Facilities Director.
8. Provides coverage at other sites when required.
9. Prepares surfaces and paints building interiors/apartments as necessary.
10. Such other duties as may be assigned by the Facilities Director or Community Manager as necessary to maintain a safe and sanitary environment for the residents and staff.
Works under the general supervision of the Facilities Director and Community Manager who outline general policies.
Directly accountable to Facilities Director and Community Manager. Occasionally accountable to other senior staff on special assignments.
Performs regular duties independently using own technical knowledge and judgment. Alerts supervisor to serious problems of non-compliance.
No Supervisory responsibilities.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Motorized vehicles, power and hand tools and equipment used for snow removal, carpentry, painting, plumbing and minor electrical work, janitorial tools including floor buffers, steam cleaners, washers, vacuums, mops, brooms, tape measure, phone, mobile and portable radios, ladders or scaffolding.
The Physical Demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands or arms. The employee is required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and or move weights of up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts or in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet, cold, and/or humid conditions, fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderately noisy.
Formal application rating of experience and education, oral interview and reference check, job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Please email resume, or fax to 203-764-1600
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers