QR Code Link to This Post
This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager and is principally responsible for planning and performing various surface grinding operations to machine a variety of dies, gauges and special parts, including hydrostatic components. The Grinder Operator will need to supply basic tools such as calipers, tape measure and 6” scale.
• Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications or other written instructions or procedures to rough and finish grind a variety of materials.
• Setup and operation involve the use of all types of grinding equipment, grinding wheels, air gauges, micrometers, etc. Including the selection of appropriate wheels to achieve the finish and form required in the material and conditions in which a part is being ground.
• Monitor machine operations to determine if adjustments are needed.
• Perform in process inspections at various stages to ensure final outcome; achieving geometry and surface finish requirements.
• Maintain a high level of quality standards.
• Debug and troubleshoot standard geometric and complex shapes.
• Review part programs, method sheets and blueprints to ensure geometry and shapes are achieved in a productive manner.
• Make recommendations for changes to process/methods to improve productivity.
• Provide technical guidance and support in the design and production phases of part production.
• Adhere to and meet production schedules through personal time management and advanced planning.
• Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
• Follow safety policies and procedures.
• Proactively interface, as a team player.
• Overtime hours (beyond the standard 40 hours per week) may be required.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.