If you have any information please contact - TOTALLY CONFIDENTIAL
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Case # 17HF1240
Date: September 18, 2017
OCDA SEEKING POTENTIAL ADDITIONAL VICTIMS OF LAGUNA NIGUEL SOFTBALL COACH AND UC IRVINE BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEMBER CHARGED WITH SEXUALLY ASSAULTING TWO 10 YEARS OLD GIRLS
SANTA ANA - The Orange County District Attorney's Office (OCDA) is seeking potential additional victims of a Laguna Niguel girls softball coach and University of California, Irvine (UC Irvine) Board of Directors member, who is scheduled to be arraigned today for committing lewd acts upon two 10 year old girls.
Defendant Charges Maximum Sentence Court Date
Glen Thomas Kauffman, 53, Laguna Niguel Charged on Sept. 14, 2017, with the following felony counts:
• (2) Lewd act on a child under 14
• Multiple victims Life in state prison Arraignment
Sept. 18, 2017, 9:00 a.m.
Central Jail, Santa Ana
Circumstances of the Case
• At the time of the crimes, Kauffman is accused of being in a position of trust with access to minors as a Laguna Niguel girls softball coach.
• Between Aug. 24, 2014, and Aug. 24, 2017, the defendant is accused of committing lewd acts upon Jane Doe 1 on multiple occasions and committing a lewd act upon Jane Doe 2 on one occasion.
• The Orange County Sheriff's Department (OCSD) investigated this case.
• OCSD arrested Kauffman on Aug. 27, 2017.
The investigation in this case is ongoing. Anyone with additional information or who believes they have been a victim is encouraged to contact OCDA Supervising Investigator Eric Wiseman at show contact info
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Courtney Thom, Sexual Assault Unit.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers